Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Single Women's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 5- The biggest misconception you think people have about single life

Lots of people assume that every single woman is single because something is wrong with her. Did they ever think that maybe I wanted to wait until I met someone worthy of my time, that was willing to accept some of my standards, before I decided to open up and let my guards down that protected my heart? When you are single, even more so when you don't have any children, you can do exactly what you want when you want to do it and HOW you want to do it. Be single does not mean you're lonely. It was quite shocking to see how men responded to me when it seemed that I was comfortable with being single, going home to an apartment all by myself. I was told by a few men that I was a "player", partly because I didn't invite them into my house. The rules of engagement are different for men than it is for women. We don't invite men into our house when we are not comfortable with them and I already know that most men view an invitation into your home as a invitation into your panties....not!

I hate when people assume that when you are single, you are automatically 'in the streets, getting into frisky situations with men all the time. I said I was single, NOT a hoe. There is a BIG difference. After a while it really didn't matter to me what people thought about my single life. If anything, some seemed to envy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment