Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Single Women's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 4 - Your Biggest Fear As a Single Person

     Honestly, I don't recall having any fears during my single life. If anything, I feared that once I became a mother I would be subjected to the monotony of domestication -- cooking and cleaning because I had to, not because I want to. But even now as a mother of two daughters and a wife, that's still optional. Maybe I feared motherhood more than marriage. Maybe I feared, once I became married with kids, that 'freedom' would be over and now your life was no longer yours because you would have to divide your time between your husband, your career and your kids. So if that was going to be my reality (about marriage and motherhood), then why rush to have a man and children?

     Married women have always said, the woman is the one that assumes most of the responsibility when it comes to running the household. And we do. Now that I am married with kids, I can testify to that statement. So what sense did it make to rush into a relationship when all it was going to do was add more responsibilities to what you were already responsible for. No thanks. Having a man wasn't a necessity for me, and getting some d**k is very simple to attain. I was single. I know. I actually enjoyed my single life for the most part. Part of my enjoyment was being 'fearless' and not taking all of these men too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment