Sunday, December 1, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy....

Life has definitely not allowed me to post to my blog over the past two years since the birth of my second child, Nyla. A LOT has happened. I had the baby via c-section on November 29th. While on the operating table, my uterus ruptured after the baby was successfully removed. Uterus was sewn back together and I was fine. At 8 weeks, I went  back to work and when she was 10 weeks we had to hospitalize her because unknown to us she was having sub-clinical seizures. A lot of drama and chaos spiraled due to her hospitalization and now (November 2013) she has cerebral palsy. We take her to physical and occupational therapy twice a week for each and she's in an Early Intervention Program called 2-Step twice a week as well.

The past two years have been a roller coaster for me as I was enjoying my life up until two years ago, but I have adjusted, re-adjusted, and re-adjusted again, changing my life around to take care of my daughter. I'm finally getting back to where I need to be, but still have some goals that still need to be accomplished. Although I'm planning to become an RN, cosmetology isn't going anywhere. I thought I would have to put the pressing comb and curling irons down, but now that I look at it, I will be doing both. I CAN do both, I just have to work the right Nursing schedule.

The idea of hiring a nanny is starting to become an unavoidable reality. It's just something that needs to be done. Even though the hubby doesn't want to, this two-income household needs some additional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment