Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Single Women's 30-Day Blogging Challenge: Day 7 - Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point

At 36 years old, I had no idea I would be married  for at least 4 years now with two little girls and possibly thinking about 1 or 2 more kids in the near future if things (more specifically, my uterus and biological time clock) go as planned. I thought I would still be single, running a few businesses, navigating my life exactly how I wanted it with 1 or 2 well established, self-made (millionaire/thousanaire..lol) boyfriends. I didn't think I would be in the middle of transitioning into a new career field and working on another college degree. The part of married life that I dreaded to have to deal with is now part of my reality: that monotonous cooking and cleaning...ugh. I can do it. I just don't want to. I can happily say that I'm glad that I am married even though I thought it wasn't going to happen until I was in my late 30s or early 40s. I also had no idea I would be responsible for taking care of a child that has quadriplegic cerebral palsy. A very unfortunate circumstance to deal with for both my husband and I, but we are thriving, nonetheless. If anything, having a child with CP has strengthened our bond instead of destroy it. Some people feel like this would be the end of their life, but I only look at it as a chapter on my book. My life will continue to be filled with new experiences and challenges that will push me to become even  more of the woman that I thought I could be. I have no regrets about the decisions I have made for my life and I make no apologies for living the life I wanted to live. Like Oprah said: "You can have it all, just not all at the same time".

I thought I would be cute, petite and attractive in my 30s, and so far I was right about that..lol  I thought my grandfather would have passed away by now, but he is still able to enjoy the company of his two great-granddaughters at the age of 84. I thought I would've bought my own residential property by now, but instead my husband and I are looking forward to purchasing our first home together.

I still have a lot to look forward to and I am very thankful for the family and friends that have shared some of my journeys with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment